Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I migrate a Classic Business Project from one site to a different Site?

Sistemas e Innovación Digital October 7, 2020

Hello,

Can I migrate a Classic Business Project from one site to a different new Site which is a production environment where I have running other projects of JIRA Service Desk and JIRA Software? This projects are new generation.

I have everything in Jira Cloud.

My current Classic Business Project is just a Daily Time Tracking, no attachments, just normal fields.

Do you recommend to migrate the full project? if its possible.

Of course nothing from my current new site and projects can be dammaged. The whole company is working within them.

Can my "Classic Business Project" be migrate to a new "New Generation Business project"?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2020

@Sistemas e Innovación Digital  , the information in  https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-software-evaluator-resources/jira-software-importing-a-project-from-one-cloud-instance-to-another would help 

You should be able to migrate the classic business project to the target as a classic business project

You can migrate between nextgen and cloud project

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/migrate-between-next-gen-and-classic-projects/

Sistemas e Innovación Digital October 7, 2020

Thanks for the quick reply Fazila.

Just one query.

If I have 2 projects with same type (business classic project) but in different instances, Can I migrate the issues from one project to another project. When I try to do that using bulk option in search windows, it only show as destination the projects in my current instance, so I cannot move the issues to the other project in the other instance.

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2020

@Sistemas e Innovación Digital  , the move operation doesnt help to move between JIRAs.

Instead you could migrate the whole project to the target instance and then move the issues to the target project.

If you need a move solution for ad-hoc basis, you can explore commercial jira plugins like Exalate

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2020
DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events