Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourselves, Atlassian Answerers!

Viewing page 5 of 5

124 comments

Comment

Mathias Richter September 10, 2021

Hi everyone! :)

• Where you're from: I'm from Germany but spent quite some time in other countries in the past due to business projects.
  • What do you do with your free time: I'm relaxing to have energy for work, spend time with the family, friends and like running through the countryside.
  • What you do with your work time: I'm working for a consulting company where I get a lot of projects around complex agile transformation projects, where I try to help people with processes and how to live those processes in the tools, e.g. Jira.
  • Photos of your pets/favorite vacation/creative creation: I'm not the photographer guy.. the best photos exist in my head. :)
  • Your favorite quote: 

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and then tell them what to do, We hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.”

― Steve Jobs

Unfortunately, a lot of companies still behave differently...
  • Why do you answer Community questions: I even learn by answering questions because it forces me to find creative solutions, even if it's not "my problem" and I like to support others. "If you give you always get back".
  • Link to your proudest Accepted Answer ;) 
    There is just one yet.. so maybe later. :)

I"m happy to be part of the community!

meshack musembi November 17, 2021
  • I'm from  Nairobi, Kenya
  • During my free time, i spend time with my family
  • I'm a portrait photographer and a ui/desiger
  • My favorite quote : Teamwork makes dreamwork!
  • Somebody helped me a lot, i'm giving back
Michael Vidallon January 14, 2022

Hello everyone, I'm Michael and excited to be part of this community!

• I'm from a city at the center of Canada  - Winnipeg, MB (some says it's Winterpeg, during winters :))
  • In my free time, i love to play with my kids and chat with my wife, watch movie or watch sports. (love to play basketball again)
  • I'm a Jira Admin with a global IT services company.
  • Onward, Upward ~ Meet the Robinsons
  • I love to answer inquiries from users to help understand their situation and in turn recommend what i believe works and what the system can do (in the process, i'm learning for myself)

Cheers to every Answerers in this community!

Heydi Menéndez February 2, 2022

Hola chicos!!! 

Bueno con mucho gusto me presento en mi lengua materna el español.

• De dónde soy?  Pues soy cubana y radico en Uruguay!!
  • Qué hago con mi tiempo libre?  Trato de pasar con mi bb de 9 meses y últimamente nos sentamos juntos en la pc a navegar por la comunidad de Atlassian.
  • Qué hago en mi tiempo de trabajo? Bueno soy Lider del Area de Calidad de una empresa y además administro los productos Jira Software, Jira Service Management y Confluence para la empresa .
  • Por qué respondes las preguntas de la comunidad? Porque me gusta ayudar y así aprendo cosas nuevas.
Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 15, 2022

Hello, I'm Daniel from Digital Toucan. It's about time I say hi after being active in the community for quite a while now.

I've been working on a popular JQL Search Extensions app for over 5 years now and it got to a point my team calls me JQL Dan. I enjoy creating simple solutions that non-technical people can use. And of course, the answer to most problems is 🔨JQL

I lived in London for the last 8 years but recently moved to Poland. I like strumming my guitars, torturing the piano, pretending I’m a filmmaker, and indulging in a beer-induced philosophising.

As a hello, I'd like to share my first article: The 1 Little-Known Jira Board That Will Keep A Busy Manager Out Of Trouble

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2022

Hi Everyone!

• Boston, MA
  • Golf! Whether it's ball golf, disc golf, watching golf, and more. I swear I do other stuff too though 😅
  • I'm a Support Engineering with Opsgenie
  • "Get busy living or get busy dying" - The Shawshank Redemption (favorite movie). 
  • As a Support Engineer, you're typically working 1-to-1 with customers. The Community allows for the public to view posts, answers, etc. so hopefully helping more than just one at a time!
  • Get your Opsgenie alerts creating Jira / JSM issues in a flash! 
Arkadiusz Terpiłowski June 2, 2022

Hey everyone!

It's nice to be in Atlassian Community, and I hope that we will be able to help each other and exchange our experiences. More info about me you can read below:

• Where you're from Poland
  • What you do with your free time: Triathlon, Books, Movies
  • What you do with your work time: Developing B2B SaaS for service businesses
  • Photos of your pets/favorite vacation/creative creation: Gosh, I don't have any that I can share :)
  • Your favorite quote: "a ship is always safe at shore, but that is not what it's built for."
  • Link to your proudest Accepted Answer: I am still beginner, I hope that some day I will back (like Terminator) with a great answer that I'm proud of :)
reuben_hollifield June 14, 2022

Hi there!  Very excited to join this group and become an answerer!   

• Where are you from:  Asheville, North Carolina - southeastern USA
  • What do you do with your free time:  Trail run, hike with my dog, and check out the awesome local craft beers in my area.  
  • What do you do with your work time:  Administer 15-20 systems, but my Atlassian systems are my babies.  I really enjoy building projects, workflows, Confluence pages and helping our teams get things done more efficiently.  
  • Photos of your pets:  My hound dog Timber!
  • Dog.jpg
  • Your favorite quote:  "Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
  • Why you like to Answer community questions:  I use the community often to find answers and want to contribute if I find a solution to a problem.  
  • Link to your proudest Accepted Answer:  Nothing yet, but will keep posting. :) 

Cheers!

Dam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

Hi everyone, I'm Dam from France, living near Bordeaux.

• During my free time I like to go fishing, I love travelling and cooking as well. I was published on the Atlassian blog about my inventory system for carp fishing with Jira few years ago :) https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/life-runs-jira-inventory-system-carp-fishing&
  • I'm CEO of adadam, specialized in app development Atlassian Forge platform, I'm also working as an Atlassian certified expert since almost 8 years now. I've discovered Jira and Confluence almost 13 years ago now.
  • My fav quote: "play as a team, fall as a team, win as a team"
  • I want to involve myself much more on the Atlassian Community and become a Community Leader as I applied to this role few days ago. 

record-carpe-2.png

Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2022

Hello everyone,

Good day!

• I'm from India
  • I love to play badminton, do gardening, play with my pet cats and read fictional novels
  • I'm a Jira/Confluence Sr. Administrator/Advisor in a FinTech organization
  • My pet cats :) 20220311_061441.jpg
  • One from my recent vacation 20210116_130611.jpg
  • If you can dream it, you can do it - Walt Disney
  • It gives me an exposure to a world lot of different scenarios and it's fun to research and find the answers to it!
  • I just started answering questions today and I got my 1st accepted answer right away! So it's here - Solved: Why I am not able to see the backlog/active sprint... (atlassian.com)
Abdelrahman R August 16, 2022

Hello All,

I hope you are doing great.

This Abdelrahman from Egypt. In my free time, I like to learn new things, especially those which I would implement in my work and also I am so interested in Languages. I am a chargeback analyst. One of my favorite quotes is 'Work smart not hard'. I believe that helping whenever you got the chance is the key of success.

Gianluca Cherubino September 16, 2022

Ciao a tutti

• Vengo da Verona (Italia)
  • Sono curioso, mi piace studiare cose nuove
  • Sono un consulente della sicurezza sul lavoro
  • Fratelli, ciò che facciamo in vita riecheggia per l'eternità
  • Perché credo che la condivisione deve essere bilaterale: se voglio imparare da voi, devo con la mia esperienza
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Hello all,

It's good to be part of this community and to have the opportunity to interact with all of you.

• Where you're from
    I am from The Netherlands, living in the Utrecht area.

• What you do with your free time
    Trying to cut down on all the things that are going on in my life. Currently I am spending time with my family, brewing Kombucha, political party work and riding / maintaining my motorcycle.

• What you do with your work time
    I work as a Service Desk team lead. The team consists of 6 others. Besides that, I am the Jira admin. 

• Photos of your pets/favorite vacation/creative creation
    No photo's, but I do love being outdoors. Camping is great! The last couple of years we stayed in The Netherlands but are planning to go back to Norway next year. Lovely country!

• Your favorite quote 
    There are so many great quotes and it all depends on the day. Something stoic will usually do.

• Why you answer Community questions
    I like to help people. I guess that is why I am also working at the service desk. Besides that, I know very little and ask questions all the time. I am always grateful when someone else takes time out of their day to help me out. I would like to give back to the community, what little knowledge that I do have. Besides, teaching is the best way of learning isn't it?

Only two answers are currently accepted. It is great that those people found my help useful but it is not something I will be especially proud about.

That should do for now. I hope to work with you fine folks for the upcoming years. Take care!

Julien Béchade October 17, 2022

Hi there!

Julien is my name and I'm very excited to be part of this great community.

• I'm from south west of France, a small town called Pau but I live and work in Stockholm, Sweden
  • I have 3 kids so I don't have any free time 😂 but I enjoy gardening on rare occasions
  • I'm a software engineer in the electronic and manufacturing industry
  • We don't have any pets but we have many animals surrounding us though. Squirrels, dogs, cats, foxes, deers, sheeps and bulls that occasionally end up in our garden 🥩

IMG_7433.JPG
  • "Always look on the bright side of life" 🎶 by the Monty Python is the THE quote I live my life by 🥳
  • Why do anyone answer questions here? To get some kudos! And to be helpful occasionally 😁,

Cheers.

Julien.

Mark Holmes (Adaptavist) October 26, 2022

Hello all, my name is Mark. Here are a few bits about me:

• I grew up in the Pacific Northwest (Portland, OR)
  • I have spent the second half of my life living and working in SoCal
  • In my free time I do many things (cooking, drumming, photography, woodworking, 日本研究)
  • With my work time I help people do great work by making things visible, inspecting and adapting, and continuously improving
  • One of my favorite quotes is "Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." - Søren Kierkegaard, The Journals
  • I am intrinsically motivated and rewarded both learning, trying, doing, sharing and teaching
  • I am new here, so I only have one answer.

Thank you Bridget + the Atlassian Community Team!

P.S., below are a few photos:

My favorite wildlife (each won an online photo group award/mention)

Favorite stop motions

Favorite architectural

Favorite portrait (my twin sister and baby nephew)

sis-and-nate.png

George Kopsachilis
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2023

Hi everyone, nice to virtually meet you all!!  Hopefully some of you will be attending Team 23 in Vegas this year. If so it would be great to meet in person!

• Where you're from
    • I am originally from New York but now live in New Jersey
    • My two hobbies are Creating/Playing Music and spending as much time as possible Boating...
    • I love to help organizations solve problems! I spend most of my time designing workflows to reduce friction and optimize the user experience. To add, I work from boat whenever possible! 
    • mimi.jpgstudio g.jpghalcyon.jpg
  • Your favorite quote 
    • Progress = Happiness
    • I like to help and support when I can!
Jim Gilliam May 13, 2023

Hi. I'm Jim Gilliam, and I'm a senior technical writer in the United States.

• I use MadCap Flare as a help authoring tool.
  • I also am an admin for Confluence Cloud and Jira Service Mgmt Cloud.
  • One of my goals is to figure out a way to push content from Flare to Confluence Cloud. This hasn't been a very fruitful research task.
  • I look for ways to deliver help content to users on a variety of platforms.

Happy to be here.

Jim

Stacy Smith July 21, 2023

👋 Hello everyone! I am Stacy

• I am from Colorado, USA
  • What is free time? 😉 I hike the Rocky Mountains when I am able.
  • I specialize in process engineering where I strive to help teams reduce waste and be successful.
  • I answer Community questions because I want to learn!
  • I am new to answering questions, I hope to have a proudest answer soon. 

Nice to meet you all,

Stacy

Gal Fatal
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 21, 2023

Hi,

My name is Gal Fatal I am managing the Atlassian community of Israel in the last six years.

Lately I received the "Atlassian Expert" badge, after passing 6 different certifications.

I am now a freelance, giving support to local companies with Atlassian tools.

I am doing all the way from Tel-Aviv to Las-Vegas every year to join the Atlassian event, I had also a chance to be a speaker (in 2019)

In Israel I completed 27 in-person events, with average of 50 attendees, I am happy to assist people and answer questions, in-person and online.

Cheers

Gal

image.png

Varsha Joshi October 9, 2023

Hello co-answerers,

• I am from Seattle WA, USA
  • Read, Hike and a little bit of everyday things.
  • I am a project manager with amazing opportunity to be Jira and Confluence admin.
  • My Pet's name - Amoli
  • Amoli2.jpg
  • I am new to the admin role, run into challenges all the time. Just want to share what I am learning.
Munnir Abdulhamid December 3, 2023

Hi I'm Munnir From Nigeria

Spending my free time listening to podcast

My favourite quote: To learn is to live, and to live is to learn.

I answer community questions to help my fellow learners

Jane Aron
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 18, 2024

Passionate Digital Marketing firm owner with a proven track record of driving online success for diverse clients. Specialized in creating targeted campaigns, optimizing online presence, and maximizing ROI. Committed to staying ahead of industry trends to deliver innovative and effective digital strategies.

michael_paoli March 15, 2024

Hi,

• Where you're from
    Berkeley.CA.US
    Oh, random stuff like implement Tic-Tac-Toe in sed(1)
    "DevOps" (*nix sysadmin, at scale, automating, troubleshooting & repair, much etc.)
    Meh
  • Your favorite quote
    Uhm, not necessarily favorite, but technical:
    "In order to understand recursion, you must first understand recursion." - Edsgar Dijkstra
    and yes, included in my cmpln program.
    Because it's useful to folks (and yes, sometimes even including myself)
    Uhm, maybe I'll update later ... I may have some more significant ones from earlier work account(s).
Adrian_Lester April 3, 2024

Hi all,

• I'm from Belfast, Northern Ireland.
  • I like going for hikes but really spend my time being a taxi service for my kids.
  • I'm a Product Manager at a fintech in London.  It's a fully remote company.  I spend a lot of my day in Jira Product Discovery.
  • I don't have a favourite quote as such, but blokes of a certain age regularly put on a Rocky accent and shout my name at me.  Doesn't make them seem odd at all ;)
  • I answer questions because other people helped me get up to speed with JPD.  It's nice to return the favour and it pushes me to learn a bit more about the tools as well.
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events