Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I, as an admin, unable to change a password for a user?

Deleted user May 10, 2017

This new Atlassian authentication system is quickly becoming a nightmare.  My users aren't receiveing the change password emails and I, as an administrative user on Confluence and Jira, am unable to change their password -- I can just request that Atlassian send another change password email that won't reach them.  Before the changeover I was able to set their password to something, but that functionality has been removed.

How do I change my node back to the traditional login mechanism?  I'm tired of fielding calls and emails for this.

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2017

Hi Howie - I'm a user just like you, so can't speak for Atlassian, but I think it is because, after the change to Atlassian Account, your users could be using the same credentials to log in to other Atlassian services and other Cloud JIRA/Confluence instances. 

Allowing admins to set directly might break user access to other services (and would compromise the security of them).

I appreciate that doesn't really help you, especially if the reset emails aren't getting through (would suggest raising a support request about this if you haven't already: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/).

You can potentially gain some more control over user accounts by claiming/verifiying the domain of your user's email addresses. If this is relevant for you, it changes the password reset method to that described here.

That's about all I know on this. Hopefully it might help a bit.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events