Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

When attempting to update license keys, update button is greyed out

I'm attempting to update license keys and when I put the new key in, I cannot click on the Update button as it is greyed out.  Is it required that I be able to connect to the marketplace server in order to do updates, as i can't.

2 answers

0 votes
edwin Community Leader Apr 05, 2019

Hi @John D Langerhans ,

Try pasting the license key into the field then pushing 'Enter' key. Adding this new line at the end sometimes makes the update button clickable.

Thanks for the reply.  This did enable the Update button but I get an error that I need to specify a license to update.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Apr 15, 2019

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay.  What product and version are you using here?   Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc?  And is this license for an Atlassian product?  Or is this license for something like plugin or add-on for that product?

I do not believe you need to have your application access the marketplace to be able to apply the license key.

There was a known bug in the Universal Plugin Manager (UPM) back from 2 years ago where the ability to update/edit a license key was not possible in the version 2.22.1, see details in https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/UPM-5639

If you're using that specific version of the UPM with an Atlassian product, then updating the UPM first would be the best way to get past this issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Atlassian Account

Upcoming AMA with the Atlassian Identity Product Managers!

"Atlassian Account" is a space where you can raise questions about your Atlassian Account and your identity across all of our Atlassian Cloud Products. This involves understanding User Managemen...

504 views 7 16
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you