Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UsedID changing

Ben Øye June 6, 2023

Hi Community, 

Im observing some weird activity on our customers UserIDs being modified..

One example, this licenced users ID have changed from what we previously had on record:

atlassian.net/jira/people/63e4e1b...

Until recently that value used to be

atlassian.net/jira/people/5f6c9c0f9a6f8...

So, I know that user ID changes when you upgrade from portal user to licenced user, for example

qm:1235a03d-759e.... to 5f6c9c0f9a6f8... , but that is not the case here.. 

Anyone else experience the same?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2023

Hi Ben,

I understand that you have seen some user accounts within Atlassian Cloud that appear to have changed in their account ID number.  In this particular case, I would recommend creating a technical support case with us.  That way we can gather the proper ids, email addresses, etc so that we can better understand the behavior here.

I can see that your account has the ability to do this, you can do this by going to https://support.atlassian.com/contact I recommend creating a technical support ticket and choose one of your supported products, Jira Software, Jira Service Management, etc.  Our support team will want to get specific examples from you and sharing email addresses within Community probably isn't an ideal means to gather the data we need to investigate here.

I would welcome you to share the results of any support ticket here in community, in case others have observed the same behavior.  It might help to share our experiences here.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events