Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Organisations - same site and products

Scott Home June 21, 2021

Hi

I am not sure how it happened but we seem to have two organisations with the same site and products.  Obviously only one of them has managed users and a verified domain.

Is this possible and how would I fix this (Merge?) obviously I would want to retain the Organisation with the verified domain.

Thanks

Scott 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

@Scott Home - Strange! Can you confirm if they're indeed the same organization? If you click into each org, do you see a different URL?

Scott Home June 21, 2021

@Dave Liao Yes different URL's for the organisations.  Same URL for the site - .  To spice things up a bit I am only admin on one of them. (We do have users who are on both) Thanks

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

@Scott Home - innnnteresting. Make sure you get added as an admin on the other org OR have the admin on the other org transfer all the products to the main org.

Of course, you don't want to accidentally make things worse, so I sent a note to Atlassian to look into this thread and see if they can help you out. 💪

Scott Home June 21, 2021

Great thanks for your help.  Yes I am now admin on both.  It would be good to get confirmation no adverse effect in transferring the same things into an Organisation that already holds them

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2021

@Scott Home - I'm 99% sure you'll be fine, but let's have Atlassian confirm for you! 😂

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2021

Hello Scott,

I can confirm the two org's you're a part of are different, while named similarly. With this said, it looks like you might have already transferred all of your products to the lowercase named org. The guide that Dave linked is the correct reference to use for this.

There should not be any issues with transferring your products to another org. If you do have any issues please do reach out and we'll take a look.

Thanks for bringing us in @Dave Liao

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events