Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trying to delete account

I have a free Bitbucket account under email1@example.com. Somehow, I also ended accidentally creating an Atlassian account under email2@example.com (I think because I had a Trello account on that address at one point, before Trello was owned by Atlassian).

I have tried the Delete Account process outlined in the help docs and every time I try, it says, "Can't delete account"

All I want is to change my Bitbucket email address to email2@example.com, but because there is an Atlassian account with that email address, I can't do it. And because of some strange issue, I can't delete the account either.

How can I delete that account or combine the accounts or whatever one does to change the Bitbucket email.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jul 31, 2020

Hey Tom, welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

We're working on improving the documentation around removing accounts, as there are some edge cases that aren't currently accounted for. In order to get things moving faster for you, I'd recommend raising a Billing and Licensing ticket on our support portal (this link will choose the correct dropdown fields) while signed in as email2 and explaining you'd like the account removed.

Alternatively, and I've done this in the past, you can head to https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email on email2 and change the email address to something else. If you've got Gmail, you could use something like "email2+temporary@example.com" (Atlassian accounts do see the +something as separate email addresses, but gmail will still deliver the verification emails to the address to the left of the + sign). That frees up email2@example.com for you to use for the account change from email1.

Cheers,
Daniel

Solution 2 is so obvious. I should have thought of that. Worked great. Thanks!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Atlassian Account

Upcoming AMA with the Atlassian Identity Product Managers!

"Atlassian Account" is a space where you can raise questions about your Atlassian Account and your identity across all of our Atlassian Cloud Products. This involves understanding User Managemen...

523 views 7 16
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you