Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge 2 accounts after username been changed on Google Apps

Pedro Rocha January 22, 2013

After changed an username from xxx@example.com to yyy@example.com, on the Google Apps interface, Atlassian On Demand ended up with 2 accounts. As the first user has many ticket issues associated to him, it's not a good option delete his account and then update everything to the new user, so i think that merge both account is the natural way to go, but i didn't find this option in the user management interface.

How can this be accomplished?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

Migrate all data from xxx@example.com to yyy@example.com

You will need to search all issues for xxx@example.com (by reporter, assignee etc) and once the search returns the results you will need to bulk edit them to the new user i.e. yyy@example.com

For each of the above search results

Tools > bulk edit > all n issues > select the column checkbox, for all issues >Next> edit Issues radio button >Next>accept

- Change the default assignee for any component

- Change the project ownership (Project lead) for any projects

- Change the project role and group memberships to the new user name

- Make sure in any of the notification scheme, the user xxx@example.com is not explicitly added as user

- Change any filter subscriptions from old to the new user. Note this can only be done by the user by logging in.

- Share any dashboards that xxx@example.com had so that yyy@example.com can re-use it.

Rahul

Pedro Rocha January 22, 2013

Thanks Rahul! BTW, i really thought that Jira would have a better user management than this, because being such a good tool, this kind of "simple" thing should be done easier.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2013

Unfortunately there is no easier way that I can think of. As we have not received any other answers from other members I assume this is the best way to go about it.

Rahul

0 votes
Gary Walvin May 27, 2016

A bit old, but in case anyone else runs into this, you can contact Atlassian support and they will manually update the user's name to their new one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events