Lost reserve key for 2 factor login and lost account for google authenticator for backup on jira.

MysticWither February 13, 2022

So I accidentally deleted my account on google authenticator which contains the key for opening with my phone but I accidentally deleted it and the reserve key's file is deleted because it was in downloads folder and I deleted it for saving space without knowing that the reserve key file was in. So this post was for a jira/atlassian administrator to unlock my account. My user is TheWither and Name is MysticWither in jira. Note: I use jira for minecraft bug reporting.Screenshot_20220213-161158_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220213-161208_Chrome.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You will need to contact the administrators of Mojang's Jira, we (the Community and Atlassian) have no access to their systems.

MysticWither February 15, 2022

How do I contact them though?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2022

You will need to ask Mojang or other mojang users how to get in touch with the admins there.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2022

@MysticWither 

Raise the Support ticket with Atlassian

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2022

No, this is not an Atlassian problem.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

I thought he had set up 2FA for Atlassian Account and if the user has lost the verification key with everything related to 2FA, only Atlassian can save him by disabling his 2FA settings from his profile right?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2022

Nope.

Mojang are using a server/dc instance of Jira, not Cloud.  The account is for Mojang systems, not an Atlassian account.

I happen to know that through simply having seen this a load before, but @MysticWither gave us a great problem report by including the URL for the Jira they are trying to get into as well 

They can't have lost access to their Atlassian account - they posted here!

Like # people like this
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2022

Thanks for the Info @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events