Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ii possible to opt-out of badges?

Tim Crowther February 17, 2022

Hi Folks, 

I'm an old hand a development, since 1979. I'm not into these badges and would like to avoid the things altogether. 

I'm not 10 years old getting a sticker for finishing-up my super-sized burger :-)

Any suggestions? 

4 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2022

No, it's not possible at the moment.  The Community Advisory Board has talked about it before when someone first asked, but my last update on it was that it's a "we'll enable it the opt-out when the community software (Khoros) supports it"

I'm afraid for now, all you can do is ignore them.

Oh, and I almost forgot, you can at least kill off the badge notifications - 

• Go to profile -> Manage Settings -> Notifications and turn off the emails about them
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 17, 2022

Welcome to the community @Tim Crowther! Sounds like you have a wealth of expertise to share. If you have any issues disabling badge notifications, just let me know. I know it's not for everyone. :) 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Tim Crowther February 25, 2022

An update. 

In settings I have badges I earn notification set to "Never" but email notifications are allowed because I actually may want to know about subjects I am interested in. However this also means that I can receive badge related stuff like the one today titled "Collect them all". There doesn't appear to be the granularity in the email settings to ignore badges and keep the real work-related important stuff.

0 votes
Alison Frane February 21, 2022

I agree with all the people saying they feel the whole "Badges" concept is just irritating. Looking forward to you adding the ability to opt out of this "game*"

I'm here to work.

*I work for a game company, no less, and I still find this repugnant.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2022

I'm here to work too, and I have no interest in badges either.

I have a lot of interest in my activity being recognised though.  I have made friends through the Community, partly driven by recognition of what I've been talking about here, and Atlassian reaching out to active community members.

I know it is "gamification", I know some people do not like that (Again, me, I don't like it in places where I just want someone to explain what I've got wrong), but "repugnant" feels wrong.  

Why are you revolted by getting a tag that says you have engaged with and/or helped someone else?

Like Elizabeth Barr likes this
0 votes
Tim Crowther February 21, 2022

Thank you for letting me know how the situation stands even though it was not what I was hoping to read.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events