Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch to login using Microsoft 365

Peter Scheidt April 29, 2020

Hi,

is there any way to switch an existing Atlassian ID account to using Microsoft 365 as a login? The e-mail-address is the same for boths.

So far, there is no integration between Azure AD and any Atlassian Cloud product.

Regards
Peter

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Scheidt July 9, 2020

No problem, just click on "Login with Microsoft"

Doug Martin September 13, 2021

How do you prevent a user from then using either the Login with Microsoft AND the local Atlassian account. It seems l can login either way now. 

Sébastien Anselment August 21, 2022

I am having the same issue. How can we handle this?

Do you have the same content both for local and for Azure account?

Doug Martin August 22, 2022

The content is the same no matter what method I use to login. This creates a security hole because when someone leaves the company, they can just use their Atlassian created account as opposed the to the login that is linked to their Microsoft 365 login. 

I never got my answer. 

Like # people like this
Sébastien Anselment August 22, 2022

Ok, thank you. Same content is good on the one side.

Is there no option to kick out „local“ Atlassian accounts?

If an emloyee has left the company they can‘t finalize re-registration without access to the mailbox - if it‘s still existing at all … So there would be no security hole.

Doug Martin August 22, 2022

I can't say that I have tried logging in as a Microsoft 365 disabled user but my thought was that if you are able to login as the local "atlassian" type account, and still get to the same profile, there is no re-registration as their local atlassian account would still be registered I would think.

Sébastien Anselment August 22, 2022

That’s why I asked if you can delete (local Atlassian) accounts in the Atlassian admin area.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events