Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a license for private use for a docker installation

Deleted user March 8, 2022

Hi all,

I'd like to use Confluence for private purposes. I have found that there is a license fpr private user (max. 10 users) for free. But I don't want to use the cloud installation but rather install confluence in my private network via docker.

My question is: how can I get the license key to use this installation locally with the "10 users free for private use" license?

Thanks, best regards

Christian

2 answers

1 vote
André K. June 6, 2022

the post is a bit older but for those who are looking, there are now so-called TimeBomb licenses for the Atlassian tools and this also for the DC version

https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/marketplace/timebomb-licenses-for-testing-server-apps/

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Hi André,

That's great! Thanks for sharing.

Marek Grondecki August 11, 2022

Hoi Andre,

great hint, helped me for testing :)

Have a good day and best regards,

Marek

Metallized December 15, 2022

Thanks

1 vote
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2022

Hi @[deleted]

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There is no free license for Atlassian Data Center (= on premise). In the past there was another on prem version called server with cheap licenses of 10USD/year for licenses up to 10 users. This no longer exists.

I really recommend Jira Cloud. Especially for small instances. It will give you all the benefits of a Cloud service with no maintenance/ upgrades/ patching tasks for to be executed by you.

Out of curiosity: why do you prefer a self-hosted instance of Jira?

Metallized December 15, 2022

well, deleted user was asking about Confluence not Jira.

But I was looking for self-hosted confluence as I used it in my previous company and it was a great for creating Wikis for reference, but as personal use, it is too expensive to pay 40K+/year, especially I live in Egypt.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2022

Same applies to Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events