How can I change the Primary Administrator for an Organization?

Lori Wachter July 7, 2020

I'd like to change the Primary Administrator for our Organization to our administrator alias. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks much,

-Lori

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kieren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2020

Hi Lori,

What are you trying to change on the Primary Administrator? Their name? Their email address? Or are you looking to add a new user as the primary administrator?

Regards,

-Kieren

Atlassian, Identity, Product Manager

Lori Wachter July 7, 2020

Hi Kieren!

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I am trying to add a new user as the primary administrator. We'd like to replace my personal identity with the Administrator alias that we have set up so that the team can administer our software platforms. So we're effectively looking to add a new user as the primary administrator, please.

Thanks much,

-Lori

Kieren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2020

You'll need to add a new organization admin first, then use that new organization admin to remove your personal user/organization admin.

To Add a new Organization Admin:

1. Navigate to your Organization on admin.atlassian.com
  2. Then go to Settings > Administrators > Add administrators

To remove an Organization Admin:

1. Login as your new Admin you've created.
  2. Navigate to your Organization on admin.atlassian.com
  3. Then go to Settings > Administrators
  4. Press the "Remove" link next to the Admin that you want removed.
  5. Optional: If you also want to remove the ex-admin from all your products, then navigate to instance on Site Administration and remove the user from the product / user list, just make sure that the user is removed from the group site-admin before revoking the access.

I hope that helps!

Regards,

-Kieren

Atlassian, Identity, Product Manager

Lori Wachter July 9, 2020

Thanks, Kieren! Very helpful!

One thing that was misleading was that because I created the account and I couldn't delete myself I wasn't sure if that was because I couldn't remove myself because I was the account originator or because you can't remove yourself. Your answer told me it was the latter.

Thanks for being so responsive!

Like Kieren likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events