Does claiming our domain name affect existing users immediately?

Lloyd Langley May 27, 2021

We have a number of different departments using Atlassian products and we want to bring it all in to one account for centralise control.  I intend to claim our domain name and introduce Access etc to better control licencing etc.  If I claim the domain name (our company domain name).. does it affect any of our existing users (with an email address in our domain) immediately?  I will be introducing changes but not immediately.  Any advice would be appreciated.  

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lloyd Langley May 31, 2021

I went ahead with the claim, and it doesn't appear to have had any effect upon the existing users.  However, I have noticed a lot of users have looked at  Atlassian products over the years and consequently are been recognised and listed as "unverified".  I intend to delete these accounts as the users concerned have left.  Also, you can't put unverified users in to a Group.  Shame as it would be good to be able to see them easily.  Anyway, onward in to the unknown, known as Atlassian!

lloydlangley June 7, 2021

Thank you.. I have claimed the name and I am unaware of anything changing.. which is good.  I'll make it change when I'm ready.

Best regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events