Deactivate accounts without sending customer notifications

Chris Johns July 24, 2022

Hi all,

I wish to deactivate 100+ accounts in our organisation, without alerting the user.

Many users have not used a product in 4+ years and this will create unnecessary noise.

By default, a "Your Atlassian account has been deactivated" email is sent to the user. Is there a way to turn this off?

Many thanks,

Chris
Screenshot 2022-07-25 141353.png

2 answers

1 vote
Chris Johns July 25, 2022

Hi Pramodh, thank you for your response. As an organisation we have decided to deactivate the accounts, most users have not used for many years or have left the organisation.

Although we could add a new policy, we would prefer to keep SSO for all users that do have an account, even if it is not actively used. Deactivating is the most efficient method. Is this possible without notifying the user?

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2022

As an Organization, yes we can control user's Atlassian account and we have to think at what level this can be controlled. Restricting them from not having the account at all is not a good idea I would say.

If you wish to not include them in billing just create the non-billing policy and let them use their Account. Is there a specific reason why we are deactivating them? No right

Here's a link for creating a non-billing policy and you can only pay for the users who are using Atlassian Access

https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/understand-authentication-policies

And moreover Manage accounts section provided better way to filter the data for you to check how many users are using your site, and who you should enable the SSO with

Let me know if you have any queries

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events