Couldn't use free trial

Jan Roessner December 20, 2012

Hello,

for whatever reason, I was unable ti use my free trial version in the first half of the trial period (you can see that there has been no activity before the second half of the trial whatsoever). Unfortunately my project which I wanted to try the program on was already at the final stage.

Now I have a new project and would love to try confluence and jira and see if this is working for me and my company. So is there a chance of renew my trial version for a second term?

Additionally I would like to know if confluence and jira fit my needs in the following aspect:

As a consultant I deal with different projects an different clients. Is it possible to add external clients or parties to participate in a project or in setting up a document for a restricted time and restricted access without setting up an account for them?

Adding an account for the respective client and getting him introduced into the workflow and functions of the respective program is often not of use as they don't have the time or the nerves to do so. I would rather integrate them via mail (i.e. send request mail if an issue needs a review) and receive their answers in Confluence (or Jira). Is that possible?

Best regards,

Jan Roessner

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jan Roessner December 25, 2012
Rahul, Thank you very much. That sounds like a great solution I will definitely try it. Great holidays to you! Best, Jan
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

You are most welcome. If you think the solution was helpful consider accepting my solution below....

Rahul

0 votes
Masoom Ali January 12, 2013

Show how Kantian ethics is really a restatement of the golden rule “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

0 votes

Show how Kantian ethics is really a restatement of the golden rule “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

0 votes

An approach departing significantly from the Utilitarian theory, is the Kantian theory. This theory is deontological, which believes that some features of action, other than or in addition to consequences make actions obligatory.
Kantianism originates from the philosopher, Immanuel Kant. Kant has expressed of a supreme principle called the Categorical imperative (also called the moral law). It is categorical, as it admits of no exceptions and is absolutely binding, and it is imperative because it gives instructions on how one should act. His first formulation paraphrased to “Always act in such a way that you can will that everyone will act in the same manner in similar situations.” According to him, imperatives are not commanded for their own sake, but as means to an end that has already been willed or accepted. Philosophies of Kant state that categorical imperatives are moral imperatives, as they tell us what must be done independently of our goals or desires. Kent goes on to define that the notion of rule as universal law, simply because, rules that determine duty are made right by their universality for the fact that they apply to everyone. His view is of that, wrongful practices including invasion of privacy,, lying, theft and manipulative suppressions of are not consistent with the very duties and institutions that they presuppose. For example in the case of lying, the universalization of rules that allow lying would entitle everyone around us, to lie to us, such rules are inconsistent with the practice of truth telling that they presuppose.
To sum up, we can see that the Kantian ethics is a restatement of the golden rule, which says “Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.”

0 votes

An approach departing significantly from the Utilitarian theory, is the Kantian theory. This theory is deontological, which believes that some features of action, other than or in addition to consequences make actions obligatory.
Kantianism originates from the philosopher, Immanuel Kant. Kant has expressed of a supreme principle called the Categorical imperative (also called the moral law). It is categorical, as it admits of no exceptions and is absolutely binding, and it is imperative because it gives instructions on how one should act. His first formulation paraphrased to “Always act in such a way that you can will that everyone will act in the same manner in similar situations.” According to him, imperatives are not commanded for their own sake, but as means to an end that has already been willed or accepted. Philosophies of Kant state that categorical imperatives are moral imperatives, as they tell us what must be done independently of our goals or desires. Kent goes on to define that the notion of rule as universal law, simply because, rules that determine duty are made right by their universality for the fact that they apply to everyone. His view is of that, wrongful practices including invasion of privacy,, lying, theft and manipulative suppressions of are not consistent with the very duties and institutions that they presuppose. For example in the case of lying, the universalization of rules that allow lying would entitle everyone around us, to lie to us, such rules are inconsistent with the practice of truth telling that they presuppose.
To sum up, we can see that the Kantian ethics is a restatement of the golden rule, which says “Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.”

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2012

1. Reg your first question, yes it is possible to extend your licence upto 90 days. here's the details i retrieved from atlassian website.

" We're happy to extend your download product evaluation period for up to 90 days free. Here's how to generate a new evaluation key online: 1. Login to my.atlassian.com. You'll arrive on the Licenses page by default.2. Click 'New Evaluation License' to create a new key with an additional 30 days evaluation time. 3. Apply this key to your server under the Administration > License Details page.

https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/purchase-licensing#evaluations-2

2. What I understand is that you would like external customers to provide feedback for a project for a limited time and that you do not necessarily want to undergo training sessions for jira. So, I would recommend you use the issue collector feature. Its a plugin and once installed, it allows users to log issues into Jira via an html page without logging in to the jira.

Have a look at this link for issue collectors.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Issue+Collector

You may also consider configuring your jira to handle incoming emails and automatically create issues and update comments. Again, this solution does not require end users to login in to jira.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events