Change visibilty full name

Dax Tulpenventer April 15, 2020

Hi,

So in your Atlassian account there's a full name and a public name. I'd like to use my full name only inside of my organization and the public name for all public things. The problem is that de visibility of my full name is set to 'everyone' and it's greyed out, zo i can't change it. Could anyone please help me with that?

Thanks for your response!

grey.PNG

Top one can't be changed

https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Geoff
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2020

Hi Dax,

An organization inside Atlassian is defined when someone who is an administrator of the company sets up the organization concept inside Atlassian's admin panel. When they do this they prove ownership over the email domain of the users in the organization.

Once this is done, the accounts of the users inside that organisation become managed which allows you to specify privacy settings to allow different profile fields to be shown only to other members of the organization. If your administrator hasn't set up your organization yet you account is considered unmanaged and as you are not a part of an organization you will not be able to set privacy restrictions to only organization members.

Christian Syska October 27, 2020

Hi @Geoff,

I'm not sure how (or why, rather) a single organization restricts changes to my global Atlassian account, that is completely independent from that? I joined a public project and now I can't change my profile visibility anymore. I can't seem to get hold of the admin. And apparently, it's also impossible to leave an organization/project by yourself, so now I'm stuck with either having private info visible publicly where I don't want it or deleting my entire Atlassian account.

Surely this can't be the intended scenario?

Geoff
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2020

Hi @Christian Syska

To clarify my statement above, if you are part of an organization you have more profile visibility opens than if you are not, as you are able to set fields to public, private or collaborator where the collaborator option only exists for managed accounts.

Some of these fields might be restricted if, for instance, your admin is syncing your details from a company IdP. If you have a managed account, your organizational admin has proven ownership over your email domain which we check on a daily bases by ensuring that they have set tokens on their DNS record or at the root of their server. Any account with an email address of the claimed domain is considered a managed user of that organization.

If you wanted an unmanaged account which isn't part of the organization, you will need to create an Atlassian account with a personal email address.

0 votes
Dax Tulpenventer April 17, 2020

Thanks Geoff,

Works as described!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events