Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change e-mail adress to existing account or create new account

Jessica Viklund June 30, 2021

Hej,

I have created a new account but I don't receive any verification email. Adress is working fine for other emails and they are not placed in the junk folder.

I have another account that is working fine but not able to change the email adress to this account either.

My new adress has other projects connected to than the old adress.

How can I proceed?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2021

Hi Jessica,

Checking your accounts, I see you do indeed have two accounts right now. The newer account sent some errors back to our mail service quite some time ago (I think perhaps unrelated to your current situation - we're talking about months!) which got the address placed on our internal "do not send additional emails" list. Unfortunately there isn't an error message you'd see somewhere when this happens, hence needing to ask like this.

I've removed the block from your new email address so that the verification can be delivered. However, given you already have the permissions/projects set up that you might need, I would suggest doing the following in order to minimize permission changes:

1. Log into the "new" account (you@company.com) - you may need to click the verification email first to get in
  2. Visit https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email on the new account, and change the email address to something like you+temporary@gmail.com - effectively you may not want to be using this "new" Atlassian account
  3. Log out from that Atlassian account
  4. Log in to your existing Atlassian account (ext.you@company.com)
  5. Visit https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email and change the email address to the one you want to use going forward (you@company.com). This should work now that there is no longer an Atlassian account with that email address.

The end result of this will be that your "existing" Atlassian account that you've already been using will have your new email address. I think that will get you working with your new email address and current account with the least amount of fuss. Let me know if you need more assistance!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events