Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log in to atlassian page or get the recovery link/email

Stephanie Rohdin April 26, 2021

Hi, 

I am the technical contact for our instances in jira confluence bitbucket..

today i could not log in to my Atlassian page and neither get the recovery email with the reset passwd sent to me (not getting any email).

I think this is because of the account being saved to my old email-adress. <old email address removed by Atlassian Staff>

I now have <new email address removed by Atlassian Staff>.

Please help me asap so i can reach our license-key´s.

/Stephanie

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2021

Hi @Stephanie Rohdin ,

The previous email address you've mentioned is currently not delivering mail from our mail service, as your organization's mail server returned an error recently (550: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected). I've cleared out the pause our mail delivery service implements when we get these errors. This type of thing is common when employees leave a company and their Atlassian accounts haven't been deactivated event though their email addresses have. In your case, it appears like the previous email address isn't valid on your company's mail server anymore.

I would suggest working with your IT department to alias that address to your new email address, or at the very least - temporarily re-enabling it so that you can get the password reset email and get back into the Atlassian account. Trying a password reset on the Atlassian account with your previous email address should trigger a reset email now, but only if the mailbox is re-enabled at this point. If that address can't receive email, we'll need to clear out the pause on the Atlassian side again.

Once you're in, there are two things you can do going forward.

1. On your old account, add your new Atlassian account as a contact for all the licenses you have at https://my.atlassian.com 
  2. You can change the email address of the previous account at https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email - while we can't merge separate Atlassian accounts, you can change the email address to something that will work going forward even if the previous address is closed out. Gmail for example allows you to use "you+alias" as the email address and still deliver it (example: yourname+oldaccount@company.com), and Atlassian ID treats the accounts as separate.

Let me know if you need further assistance!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Stephanie Rohdin April 28, 2021

Hi, was just able to log in.

Thanks for your reply.

/Stephanie

Like Daniel Eads likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events