Can't log into any of our Atlassian Cloud products when using VPN

tsmith July 16, 2015

When I'm working remote and using VPN, I'm not able to log into any of our Atlassian Cloud products (JIRA, Confluence, Hipchat). Please help! I know Atlassian Cloud is out in the open and there is no need to use VPN. I use VPN in order to access all our dev websites, and not being able to log into JIRA etc at the same time makes it impossible to get work done.

4 answers

0 votes
Dave Dumaresq October 15, 2019

Same issue here.

Once I'm logged into JIRA, if I connect to our VPN I get the error "Communication Breakdown" from JIRA when I try to add a comment.

Our VPN is Cisco Meraki.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2019

This means that the connection between your client (browser) and server (Jira) is being interfered with or even blocked by something on the communication layer.

If you find this happening when you connect to your VPN, then there is something wrong with the VPN. 

Is it ok if you connect to the VPN and then log in to Jira (and then maybe fails if you drop the VPN connection and try to continue to use Jira)?  If that happens, it's something to do with the VPN not representing sessions correctly.  If your computer suddenly starts to appear to come from a totally different IP address, that can work, but VPNs often handle it incorrectly.  (Best bet is to just log out and in again, in the short term, but if it's a big problem, get the VPN admins to set it up right)

0 votes
tsmith July 17, 2015

We got it working, thanks for your responses!

Mary Wilson November 28, 2017

What did you do to get it working?  We're having the same issue with one off shore user, but we can't seem to figure it out.

Nader William September 24, 2019

Same here, using Algo VPN and can't load any pages related to atlassian.net

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2015

Hi Trista

Probably when you enable your VPN or you are facing some issue related to routing through the VPN or the DNS is not replying properly. In both ways I recommend you to talk with your Network Administrator. 

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2015

That's a networking question.  You'll need to get your VPN adjusted so that when it is enabled on your machine, you can either get to Cloud over the VPN, or get your local machine to know to ignore the VPN when trying to reach Cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events