Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change email address - don't receive verification mail

Dmytro Odnoiko July 5, 2021

Hi

We are trying to change the email address to our old myatlassian account. 

The problem is that we don't receive the verification mail on the old email address, we only get the email to the new address that a change is requested. 

We've seen this Post ( https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/change-atlassian-account-email-addresses-969508513.html ) and we are doing exactly the steps as described there. 

We've checked my spam/junk folder and if the new address is already linked to any other account/product, but it's not. 

Also, we have checked if followed domains added as trusted:

sendgrid.net
mail.notifications.atlassian.com
nо-reply@atlassian.com
noreply@mailer.atlassian.com

Could you please tell, do you have any other suggestions? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2021

Hi @Dmytro Odnoiko , welcome to the Community!

I see that you had previously opened a support case about this, and that the advice in the support case routed you here to Community. Taking a look at your organization's email records with the Atlassian email service, I can see that there have been some errors to various email addresses in your organization.

In order to help verify if our system is sending email to you old address correctly, I'd like to get both the old email address and the new email address you'd like to use listed. You can reply here if you're comfortable with those being public accessibly until I am able to remove them from your reply, or you can reply to the previous support case you opened and they will be private to Atlassian. I am watching your previous support case.

Once those email addresses are listed, I'll check our mail system and follow up with you here.

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Dmytro Odnoiko July 7, 2021

Added emails to the ticket. Thank you

Like Oleksandr Chornous likes this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2021

@Dmytro Odnoiko thanks for adding the email addresses! I was able to confirm that the "old" email address was indeed on our email service's suppression list. I've cleared that error out and now the email verification should attempt to deliver to that address again. Please give the email change another shot. Cheers!

Like Oleksandr Chornous likes this
Oleksandr Chornous July 9, 2021

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for helping us.

It works, and we have successfully changed email.

Have a nice day ahead!

Like Daniel Eads likes this
Dmytro Odnoiko July 9, 2021

Daniel, thanks a lot! 

Like Daniel Eads likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events