Can not Setup 2FA with Microsoft Authenticator

rflbc February 15, 2021

I have scan a QR by the Microsoft/Google Authenticator. But enter the code from the app is not right. I can use Authy to set up 2FA successfully. Who can use Microsoft/Google Authenticator setup 2FA successfully? thanks.

4 answers

0 votes
Gerrit Bolz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 22, 2023

I did add the user + password to my iPhone password database (inside "settings").
There I added the qr-code and the phone shows me a 6-digit code which works very good for me.

But the question still is "Can not Setup 2FA with Microsoft Authenticator"

Is there any solution for Microsoft Authenticator???

0 votes
M_ Ludwig January 24, 2022

Hi all,

we also have problems with MS Authenticator. Many colleagues use it for many other MFA so it is highly welcomned if MS Authenticator will also work for Atlassian.

In fact scanning the QR code generates a digit to activate MFA. Giving that digit, Atlassian software replies tht the digit is wrong.

0 votes
Aneita
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2021

Hey @rflbc - what issue are you seeing when you try to use Google Authenticator to set up 2FA? I was able to successfully set up 2FA using it. 

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

Hi @rflbc ,

I support you used the next one:

https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/enforce-two-step-verification/

So we just exclude from 2fa on admin.atlassian.com, then Google authenticator can do own job :)

Gerrit Bolz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 22, 2023

The question still is "Can not Setup 2FA with Microsoft Authenticator"

any solution for Microsoft Authenticator???

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events