Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian account issues

Miguel Costa May 6, 2021

So we currently have an Atlassian account with two organizations, we also have Bitbucket but this isn't listed under products on any of those organizations or account for some reason. Recently I've decided to enable 2FA on my Atlassian account but I've noticed that Bitbucket also had the same setting disabled so I've decided to also enable it just out of curiosity, the result was that now I have to sign in to Bitbucket with my Atlassian account but it ends asking me for two 2FA codes, one for my Atlassian account and the other for Bitbucket itself, can someone explain to me if this is actually correct behavior, I would expect that the Atlassian account would managed all product authentication settings and policies.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2021

Hello Miguel,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I saw that you created a ticket with our support team and they shared with you that the behavior you are facing is actually expected since the Atlassian 2FA is different from Bitbucket 2FA.

When enabling both is expected that it will be necessary to enter both codes.

There is a feature request suggesting improvements for that:

I’m sharing these details here in case other community members have the same question.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events