Add external product owner without project browsing permissions

Deleted user April 14, 2021

Hi, I just created a paid Standard JIRA account and have several projects. I don't mind if my colleagues can view all projects, but I would like to invite external product owners as users of individual projects and not have them get access to other projects and issues. What is the quickest and easiest way to achieve this? I really like JIRA for doing projects, but the Admin options are extremely complex and I have no idea what to do where, while expecting something like this to be super easy.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2021

Hello @[deleted],

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When we need to limit the projects that some users must access, it’s necessary to change the permissions project by project in case the projects are team-managed/next-gen. If that’s the case, it’s necessary to go to the Project settings > Access and change the project access to Private. After that, add only your colleagues for them to be able to view and work on tickets.

Company-managed/classic projects usually share the same permission scheme, so it’s easier to manage who can see and work on tickets. 

Go to Project settings > Permissions > Actions > Edit permissions.

On the top, you can click on “Shared by X projects” to confirm the projects that will be affected by the changes.

Then, make sure that “Browse projects” doesn’t have the “Application access (Any logged in user)” and also check other permissions to add/remove roles and groups if necessary.

For more information, please check the documentation below:

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events