Access for external users

Cosimo Zecchi October 29, 2020

Hi all, I have a free jira cloud account. 
My team is composed of 10 users and we use it for our projects.
On some project we'd like to give our customers access to the account, in order to make them follow the progress. 
Is it possible to create guest account to single projects?

Thank you in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2020

Hi Cosimo, welcome to the Community!

Jira Cloud's permission schemes and anonymous access capabilities are a part of the paid subscription levels. If you've got a project where the information is not confidential and you're ok sharing all the issues openly, upgrading to the Standard plan and using anonymous access would allow your customers to see the issues by simply clicking on a link.

If you're possibly interacting with your customers, you could consider using Jira Service Desk. On the Free tier, you can have 3 Service Desk agents and an unlimited number of customers. The customers would need to be added in your service desk portal and listed as participants on the issues you wish to share with them. This should allow you to interact with them on the issues as well; in addition to seeing the information you've set to display on the request type in the Service Desk customer portal, they can also comment on issues.

I hope that helps! For recap, I think you have two options to fit your use-case:

• Upgrade to the Standard plan and use anonymous access
  • Use a Service Desk project (add Jira Service Desk to your site on the Free tier if you need) and add your customers as participants on the issues they're interested in

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events