Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i setup host for jira cloud rest api testing

Bhushan Trivedi March 19, 2024

how can I set up a host for Jira Cloud rest api testing?

https://prnt.sc/D8b9_CsX1xM8 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2024

Welcome to the community @Bhushan Trivedi 

Can you clarify what do you mean by the host? Is it Postman? Are you using a programming language to access the API?

yes for post man

no, i am using for only for learning Postman 

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2024

Understood, in your postman, when you create your workspace and your request, you need to set up your authorization. To do this, click on the Authorization tab and use the Basic Auth method. For username use your email address and for the password use your API token that you are generating in Atlassian.

To generate your API token, click on your avatar in the top right corner and click on the Manage account. From there, go to Security and choose API token. Create your API token and copy it to the password field and save the changes, and you will be ready.

but it require host how to setup host other mentioned things working fine for me.

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2024

When you say host, what do you mean? Do you have a screenshot of the requirement?

host.png

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2024

In here you would need to put your Atlassian URL. For example: mysite.atlassian.net

yes i know it but how can i create it? from where?

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2024

Do you have your Jira instance setup? If you don't that needs to be the first step.

yes i have jira account but where i can do it? can you share URL?

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2024

You have your own specific URL that is for your Jira instance.

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 10.20.16.png

For example this is my site, it is located in your URL bar of your browser.

yes i have to do the same as like you. how can i do?

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2024

Sorry, but I don't understand the exact issue that you are having. Is the issue that you cannot find your site URL? 

yes i can't find. but never the less i found it now. thanks for you kind reply and quick response. very well appreciated support you all atlassians..

Thanks .............

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2024

No problem! If you encounter more issues, feel free to write.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events