User Provisioning via Google Cloud: Groups Not Syncing

Jack Dance-Panas November 15, 2019

Hello, I am trying to configure SAML SSO for my Cloud Atlassian resources, using Google Cloud Identity as the Identity Provider.

I have successfully configured the SSO element, however, when attempting to setup User Provisioning (Link / add User accounts in Cloud Atlassian with Cloud Identity User Accounts and restrict management (add / delete / manage) to Cloud Identity.

As I create new Users in Cloud Identity, I can see them sync and appear in my linked Cloud Atlassian resource. However, the Groups don't seem to sync or appear.

Does the community know likely root-causes for this? See below for additional context, and suspect the root-cause is linked to the last point but have been unable to resolve in my investigations so far.

Additional context:

I have created Groups in the Google Cloud console

I have added Users (which have synced) to each Group

When setting up User Provisioning in Google console, on the final screen of 'Setup Provisioning Scope' none of the Groups I have created under Directory / Groups appear so it was left blank

1 answer

0 votes
Wil Cooley December 9, 2019

The User Provisioning doc says 

If you use Google Cloud or the Free edition of Azure AD, groups from your identity provider don't sync to the organization directory. The only group you'll see is the All members for directory - <directory_id> group.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events