Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Blocked

Fadi Tawil January 15, 2021

Dears, 

I've created a new user on Jira before the user activate his email address. However, the user is not receiving an invitation letter and he cannot access Jira in any way. 

Note that i've deleted the account and created it again, and kept sending reminders but with no luck. 

Please any help?  

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2021

Hi Fadi,

Our email system will temporarily pause the delivery of email to an email account if the mail server sends us back particular errors. For example, creating the user in Jira before their email account is ready to receive mail will cause our mail service to pause sending more email to that address.

For cases like this, it's best for us to clear out the pause in our mail delivery service. Once you're sure the email box is ready, we can clear the error out. I will need the email address of the user you're trying to invite in order to clear the block out however. You can reply here (although this question is public, I'll edit out the email address once received), or you can create a private support ticket with us at this link and mention the user's email needs to be unblocked (please include the email address in the ticket if you go that route).

Thanks!
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Fadi Tawil January 16, 2021

Hello Daniel, 

Thank you for your prompt feedback. 

The user "(edited out)" is now active. can you proceed please. 

thank you so much for your time and consideration. 

respectfully, 

Fadi Tawil

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2021

Hi Fadi,

It looks like there's an issue with the DNS records for that domain. There's no MX record published with a public DNS server, so our email service can't deliver anything at all to this domain at the moment.

You can use a service like MX Toolbox to look up the MX records in DNS for a domain. The domain you listed currently isn't returning results. To see what results look like in the tool, you can put in "atlassian.com" - this will return two records. There needs to be at least one MX record on the domain you mentioned for email to be delivered.

After probing the domain you mentioned a little bit, I believe it's registered with NameSilo . Whoever controls the domain will likely be able to log in to the NameSilo account associated with it and fix the DNS records there.

I hope that's helpful in correcting the issue - it's external to Atlassian systems but should be correctable for someone with credentials to where the domain is registered.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Megan Villanueva August 10, 2022

I'm also experiencing something similar. Is there a secure way that I can send the email address? 

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2021

Someone raised same kind of concern but it is for confluence. 

please check the below link.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Does-a-Confluence-Cloud-email-invitation-link-expire/qaq-p/1578838#M199087 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events