Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a Confluence Cloud email invitation link expire?

Judith DiBello January 13, 2021

How long is the link in the user invitation email active?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2021

Hi Judith, welcome to the Community!

Assuming an email invitation was sent for a user, and they haven't been removed as a user from Confluence, they can trigger a "fresh" link if they click on an expired one. You can also click Resend invite in the Users list to trigger another email from the administration side.

If you remove an unverified user from your site through the Users list in administration, even a non-expired invitation link will not work to grant access to your site.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

denniskrene
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 10, 2024

I'm concerned about the potential security risks associated with non-personalized non-expiring invitation links. Given that these links can grant access to sensitive information, it seems risky not to have them expire. If a link falls into the wrong hands, unauthorized users could gain access until they are noticed and removed from the admin panel. Considering the predictable structure of these links, there's a worry that they could be brute-forced, exposing critical data of small teams, especially those using the free tier.

Is there a mechanism to disable or expire invitation links to prevent unauthorized access?

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

I think after 24 hours , the link wil be expires. It's my assumption only , previously I tried some forgot password related link , after 24 hours the reset link is not worked. Based on that I'm assuming it .

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events