Ticket Description does not load | Jira Service Management

Susann Petzold February 22, 2023

Hi everyone, 

our customer has the issue, that he cannot see the ticket description of some tickets. The content does not load. 

Anyone else facing this issue? 

2023-02-22 16_54_34-[ES-6908]  Jira.png

Many thanks in advance

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2023

@Susann Petzold -

Hi Susann:  (re-entered my previous posting)

Can you provide more clarity on your question?  So customers can see request's description on other issues without any problem, but problem with only some specific issues via the the portal?

Have you try to view those problem issues in the project UI via issue view to see if there are any major differences on the content of the description's field?

Let us know of your findings, so we can assist further.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Susann Petzold February 26, 2023

Hi Joseph, 

many thanks for your reply. 

It does only appear on the issue tyoe: [System] Incident. Its the default issue type from Jira. 

The issue does not appear if I change the issuetype to System Service Request,. They both have the same workflow and field configuration. 

Ive found these issues in my browser console: 
2023-02-23 15_53_39-Jira Issue.png

Additionally, I do not have the issue, if I create a Service Incident wich is this issue type per default. But once someone created a service request and I change it ti service incident, we see those issues. 

This is the formular for our standard Service Request: 

2023-02-27 08_09_18-enersol _ Service project - Jira.png
And this is the one fpr Service Incidents: 
2023-02-27 08_15_37-enersol _ Incident.png

And these are the both issue types with workflow and so on: 

2023-02-27 08_15_59-Project enersol _workflows and so on.png

and they should both use the same schemes: 

2023-02-27 08_22_17-Configure Screen Scheme - Jira.png2023-02-27 08_22_42-Configure Screen Scheme -inc.png

I am not sure if that helps :/ 

Many thanks in advance!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2023

@Susann Petzold -

Hi Susann:

Everything seems correct on the configuration side.  Just to confirm when an incident is created, then there are no issues right?  So, the problem only happens when you change a service request to a service incident right?  Lastly, are you the only user who is having this problem in your env?

Best, Joseph

Susann Petzold February 28, 2023

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin 

many thanks for your reply. 

yes, the issue only happens if I change the issuetyoe from eg service request to service incident. 

A user reported the issue, and I can reproduce it with my own account. 

0 votes
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2023

Hi @Susann Petzold ,

• Do you use any apps or Forms?
  • Does it appear on all issues or only, for example, linked to the same issue type?
  • When you open a browser console, do you see any errors?

Regards,

Kate

Chief Product Officer @Appsvio | Atlassian Community Leader

Susann Petzold February 23, 2023

Hi, 

yes we do use smart Jira forms. But not in this issue type. 

Its the default System Incident ( For system outages or incidents. Created by Jira Service Management.) 

The issue does not appear if I change the issuetype to System Service Request,. They both have the same workflow and field configuration. 

I got these Java issue in the browser console: 
2023-02-23 15_53_39-Jira Issue.png

Can you may help me to understand what we have to change? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events