Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supporting multiple iDPs. ... Is this NOW a feature?

Matthew Allan Olson March 14, 2023

Our company needs to make a critical decision to move to the Atlassian Cloud, or another option.

A requirement is to be able to set up multiple iDPs.

We have an on-prem Confluence instance that we would need to connect to a JIRA cloud, and the connection is split between four brands.

We used a SAML SSO plugin for this in the past, but I'm not seeing that this plugin is an option for JIRA cloud.

In the past, Atlassian said it was part of the roadmap. 

1) Is this now a feature with Atlassian Access?
2) Is this a feature with Atlassian Access as a standalone product? (we may be migrating to Atlassian Cloud Premium, not Enterprise)
3) Is this possible connecting an on-prem Confluence with SAML SSO plugin, to a JIRA Cloud instance using Atlassian Access?

What is the latest?

3 answers

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2023

Hi @Matthew Allan Olson welcome to the Atlassian Community!

1. It is shipped for the Enterprise plan: Add identity providers to connect users
  2. Atlassian Access is always a standalone product, and yes, it will be a feature of Atlassian Access. You cannot connect to a single IdP or multiple IdPs without Atlassian Access
  3. Integrate Jira Cloud with Confluence Server

Hello Dave,

I understand Atlassian Access handles IdPs.
I need to know if it can handle multiple IdPs.

From what I am reading:

An Atlassian Access subscription allows you to connect one identity provider.

An Enterprise plan allows you to connect multiple identity providers. Atlassian Access is included with your Enterprise plan at no extra cost.

Does this mean that:

1. If we go with Atlassian/JIRA Cloud Premium, we cannot have more than one identity provider?
  2. OR .... would this require multiple Atlassian Access subscriptions to accomplish connection to multiple IdPs?
  3. Are multiple subscriptions possible?
0 votes
Danielle Green August 23, 2023

Is there an answer on this? Does Atlassian Access allows multiple identity providers?

Eduardo Oliveira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 23, 2023
Like # people like this
Danielle Green August 24, 2023

Thank you

Like Eduardo Oliveira likes this
0 votes

Hello Dave,

I understand Atlassian Access handles IdPs.
I need to know if it can handle multiple IdPs.

From what I am reading in the links above

• An Atlassian Access subscription allows you to connect one identity provider.
  • An Enterprise plan allows you to connect multiple identity providers. Atlassian Access is included with your Enterprise plan at no extra cost.

Does this mean that:

1. If we go with Atlassian/JIRA Cloud Premium, we cannot have more than one identity provider?
  2. OR .... would this require multiple Atlassian Access subscriptions to accomplish connection to multiple IdPs?
  3. Are multiple subscriptions possible? Would they work in JIRA cloud?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events