Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove/block Trello only users for an organization

Connells Group
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 19, 2022

In our organization, we have just started using Atlassian Access and have over 100 managed users who just have Trello access. We don't want to allow (or pay for) Trello only users. The SSO and user sync is done via Azure AD.

I don't understand how to close/remove these accounts (now that they're managed by us) and prevent people from signing up for Trello in the future. 

Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction?

1 answer

0 votes
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

The only way I know results in preventing them using anything Atlassian:

• enforce SSO via Azure on your managed users in Atlassian Access
  • on Azure side do not assign these people to Atlassian Cloud application responsible for SSO

The result will be – they try to login, Cloud redirects them to Azure, Azure authenticates them but then throughs an error that they are not authorized to use Atlassian Cloud applicaton in Azure i.e. not authorized to use Atlassian Cloud in general.

This is effectively what's described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2020/02/managing-trello-accounts-from-your-organization#ManagingTrelloaccountsfromyourorganization-PreventingusersfromsigningupforTrellointhefuture

This unfortunately will stop this people from logging into anything Atlassian related e.g. Marketplace, University, this very Community.

Keen to know a better solution.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events