Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Re: Trying to delete account Edited

Post is in reference to: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Account-questions/Trying-to-delete-account/qaq-p/1446737

Hi @Daniel Eads

I have an issue related to the Second solution. I was testing some access in my Bitbucket account, and changed the email to something like this: myemail+1@domain.com.

I receive the email in the main email account myemail@domain.com. The problem I have in this case is that I lost the access to the test bitbucket account (myemail+1@domain.com) and I need the delete it. The reason is because I need to reuse the SSH KEY stored in that test account.

The situation is:

- There are two Atlassian accounts: myemail@domain.com and myemail+1@domain.com

myemail+1@domain.com has the SSH KEY and I lost the access because the SSO login process goes always to the main account.

myemail@domain.com: I'm not able to use the SSH Key in this account because it's already in use by the test account.

NOTE: I wouldn't like having to create a new SSH Key for the main account.

Is there any solution for me?

Thanks so much!

Regards.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Luis and welcome to the Community!

Thanks for the detailed description of your issue and the problem with having the +1 email that's preventing your access. I would be interested to know if you're able to go the following and attempt a login with your +1 account:

While not desirable, the easiest path forward may just be changing your SSH key (Less time to make the change). You can do so by following Set up an SSH key.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Excelent, @Stephen Sifers Your solution worked!

I was able to see the attlasian account there (https://id.atlassian.com/login/select-account).

The Steps I did to recovery the SSH Key were:

1-) I clicked on the +1 account, then I entered to the +1 Atlassian account.
2-) Clear the bitbucket.org Cookies (This was necessary because the current cookies corresponds to the main account logged):

Captura de Pantalla 2021-05-27 a la(s) 23.57.07.png 
3-) Click on the Menu + Bitbucket:

Captura de Pantalla 2021-05-27 a la(s) 23.58.29.png

4-) Then I was able to enter to the +1 Bitbucket account and remove the SSH Key to be able to reuse in the main account.

With those steps I didn't need to create a new SSH Key.

Thanks so much!

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Access

Resources + Q&A from "What's new in Atlassian Access" webinar

Hi Community! Thank you to all those who joined our What’s new in Atlassian Access webinar last week! We received so many great questions about existing functionality and newly released features of...

805 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you