Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to SAML

Marlo Atlassian Account May 11, 2019

So I want to implement SAML from Azure AD to Atlassian. When I verify the domain I see all the staff who have individually signed up to Atlassian using the same domain name. I have set the Product Access to automatically assign the new site to users logging in from that domain. However this doesn't seem to work - presumably because the user already exists without site access. Should I delete all the existing users and get them to sign in again or is there a way to assign site access to these existing users.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2019

Hi @Marlo Atlassian Account, if you have configured Site Access to allow any user to join the site from the domain, you should not need to delete existing users. However it is a "just-in-time" joining, so users need to actually visit the site for the first time before they will be added.

You can assign them manually by simply inviting them to the site. https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/invite-edit-and-remove-users-744721624.html

If you have SAML SSO set up, it should be no different. When the user visits the site for the first time, they will be redirected to your SSO provider to log in. If the user doesn't have an Atlassian account, we will create one on the fly. Whether or not we have to create a new account, it should be added to the site if the Site Access settings are correct. 

Brian Fitzgerald May 14, 2019

Thanks Dave

DevOps-Tally_ September 4, 2019

Hey,

Im on self hosted Jira application trying to enable SAML. Any doc that i can follow? Please help me

Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2019

Hi @DevOps-Tally_ 

I just posted an answer to you other post - giving you all the pointers you'd need. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Custom-SAML-Plugin-Feasibility-in-Atlassian-Jira-and-confluence/qaq-p/1169891

Cheers,
Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events