Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed accounts count via Orgs API

Andrey Popov August 12, 2021

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a total count of managed user accounts within an org as a separate data point via admin / orgs API? I couldn't find anything in the documentation and tried sending a few requests but all I get is the user list and a cursor for the next data set. Is there some internal / hidden API endpoint that we could utilize to just the total count of users?

Technically, we could continuously send the request and get 50 users at a time (the upper limit) until the the responses does not contain the cursor value but counting things that way is not very effective.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gabriel Muller August 17, 2021

I am not aware of any other APIs, other than the Organizations REST API.

I tested the endpoint "Get users in an organization" and there is no "count" indeed. 

With this, the only way I can think of to visualize the users count of a specific domain, would be 1) through the UI, Directory > Domains or Directory > Managed accounts, or 2) by using the Export account feature in the managed accounts page.

PS: differently from this organization Get users endpoint, the SCIM provisioning API does show the total count of accounts syncing. So if you're positive that you're syncing 100% of users from a domain, you could use that SCIM api instead.

Andrey Popov August 24, 2021

Thanks @Gabriel Muller , we haven't set up user syncing just yet so there wouldn't be any point trying the user provisioning API endpoints, however, it sounds like that would be the only viable route. Also, if we go that route, I can't help but wonder if the limit of 5000 users per directory will get in the way of things. We have over 5k managed user accounts already and it's not going to get any smaller :). Not sure if this means that we should setup multiple directories (1 dir / 5000 users) or we shouldn't bother with automated user provisioning / deprovisioning via SCIM.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events