Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I add my domain to the Cloud product, do we have to pay for ALL users in my domain?

GC Automation April 15, 2019

We have over 100 users in our domain. Setting up the Atlassian Cloud product to use AD integration hints that I may have to pay for all users when I only want ~20 (one division) to access the Cloud products.

Can someone clarify?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2019

Hi Lois,

Users that you have to pay for are only those that were added to the groups that give access to the products. So, if users are not in the groups that have the label "DEFAULT ACCESS GROUP" (Site administration > Product access), they won't count as a license.

Regards,
Angélica

John Fetzik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2019

Just wanted to confirm this. I show over 800 managed accounts for the domain we verified last year. We only have 500 licenses for Jira and Confluence. The only ones that use a license are those that have been assigned product access via one or more groups in Jira and Confluence.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2019

Hi John,

That's correct. Only those who were added to the default groups, like jira-servicedesk-users, jira-software-users, jira-core-users, confluence-users will count as a license.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events