Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to change my email and i am the admin

Arne Johan Eriksen March 12, 2019

I need to change my email and login id in Jira, but i am getting this error message: 

Your account is managed.
Contact your administrator to change your email address

I am the admin for our Atlassian services but i can not find out where to do the change. We have single sign on from Azure AD. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2019

Hi Arne and welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just for further clarification, are your seeing this message on id.atlassian.com?
If so, you must check with the administrator of your SSO to change your email.
When someone verifies a domain, they become the admin for the organization and they are able to change the email and some other information about the managed users, so even if you are an admin for your instance, if you were not added as an admin of the org or if you don't have access to Azure to manage the accounts, you won't be able to change your own email.

Regards,
Angélica

John Cowles March 15, 2020

A classic Atlassian catch 22.  We use gsuite. Regardless of what account I use (org / site admin - same account as the super admin for Gsuite) I can't change the email on the account.  It always says 'it is set by your Admin'.   

Like geoffrey.limantour likes this
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2021

Hi @John Cowles and @geoffrey.limantour 

We have a KB article on the steps to follow to change the email address of your account over in Change Atlassian account email addresses.  Near the top of that article though, there is a caveat:

These steps currently exclude anyone that subscribed to Atlassian Access and is utilizing User Provisioning or the G Suite Integration

Users on Atlassian Access are unable to make this change directly from our id.atlassian.com site.  However, it is still possible to effect such a change.  The trick is that you need to make the changes elsewhere and have them sync to Atlassian's service. 

Instead of changing the value directly on the id.atlassian.com site, those users can change their name or email from the Identity provider (IdP) your organization is utilizing.  The IdP can be a number of different sources such as okta, idaptive, azure, AD FS, ping, and others.  Once the change has been made on that IdP that is integrated with Atlassian Access, then the Atlassian identify site will sync those changes.  But many times an end user doesn't have the ability outright to change their own email address on that service, they usually need to reach out to their admin of that identity provider in order to make that desired change.

In the case of Google Suite integration, if you cannot change your own email/name yourself, then you likely need to reach out to your administrator of the google workspace.  Have them follow the steps in https://support.google.com/a/answer/182084?hl=en in order to change the email address of your account.  These changes will then sync to the Atlassian account (if memory serves this kind of change is not instant, and can take as long as 4 hours to sync).

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Andy

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events