Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent unwanted users using same domain accessing Atlassian?

Deleted user June 25, 2020

Hello,

We are restricting users by using a company domain (company email). However, we have not yet applied Atlassian to whole company.

Sometimes there are some other colleagues not from our team using company email to use free Jira Software. That makes Atlassian User number exceeds what the license included. This may incur further costs.

How could I prevent that?

Thank you very much.

Sam

1 answer

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 25, 2020

Hi @[deleted] ,

The only way to prevent is to select "Don't approve any domain" checkbox as below. Your colleagues with company email address can not join into Jira without any approval. Only Jira administrators can create users for them.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 22.26.52.png

Deleted user June 25, 2020

Hi Bloompeak_Support,

If I choose "Don't approve any domain", will the previously verified domain be removed? When I choose "Approve the following domains" back will the previous verified domain usable?

Besides, what will happen to those who use same domain email address to try free Jira software? Can they still use the free trials?

Thank you very much.

Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2020

Hi @[deleted] ,

When you choose "Approve the following domains" back, even it will not be usable you can add the domain into domains text field manually. It will work.

Existing registered users will not be affected. You should manually remove their access to reduce license usage from below "User management" link.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 10.38.35.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events