Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change or delete a user (with site admin rights) having different domain?

Sadaf Mufti February 25, 2019

My company has recently enabled Atlassian Access for enhanced security and centralized access management. It is verified with domain as ibexglobal.com

Doing this has converted all user accounts to managed accounts except a few ones. Those exception users have changed their email address in past to ibex.co domain to be compatible with the new domain our company is planning migration to in near future.

We need to enforce security policies on all users and these exceptional users are an obstacle. We need to have them on the same domain as others i.e. ibexglobal.com

Users with ibex.co email address cannot change their address and gets a message that their account is managed now. Only admin can make changes. On the other hand, even organizational admin cannot change the email address but can only delete the account to re-create those user accounts. Is there any other way around for migrating those users to ibexglobal.com domain?

Also one of those users is a site admin and nobody can delete her account too. If i go for deletion of other users to re-create their account, that user with site admin rights cannot be deleted.

Please suggest a solution.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2019

Hello Sadaf, 

I checked the TXT records of both ibexglobal.com and ibex.co domains, and they are completely different:

ibexglobal.com -> atlassian-domain-verification=5TJO6dykk0hSmmgXmm13A55gMuBiNmXYm6b7VT3L8Kq7GE8RkL3uCUFay/94ViVq
ibex.co -> atlassian-domain-verification=P7xOlhjlYJl5A-jCaKys4OLfHXybr7veCFrZCI4ZtUhu4bxWYMdbt4ToqHG0/UQh

That probably means that there are verified in two different Atlassian organizations. So, on my opinion, only the organization admin where the domain ibex.co is verified can modify the email addresses. 

Can you confirm that that is what you are trying? If so, how does the organizational admin try to change the email address of the users with ibex.co? Does he try directly in the Managed accounts menu (through https://admin.atlassian.com)? 

Best regards

Boris

0 votes
Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2019

Hello Sadaf, 

I checked the TXT records of the two domains you mentioned, and I noticed they where different: 

ibexglobal.com -> atlassian-domain-verification=5TJO6dykk0hSmmgXmm13A55gMuBiNmXYm6b7VT3L8Kq7GE8RkL3uCUFay/94ViVq

ibex.co -> atlassian-domain-verification=P7xOlhjlYJl5A-jCaKys4OLfHXybr7veCFrZCI4ZtUhu4bxWYMdbt4ToqHG0/UQh

That probably means that the two domains where verified on two diffrerent Atlassian organizations. So, I think you have to check if it is the organization administrator of the correct organization (the one with ibex.co) who tries to edit the email address of ibex.co users. 

If so, how does he try to edit that email address? Does he try directly through the Managed accounts section of admin.atlassian.net?

Regards,

Boris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events