Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having multiple instances of Atlassian

Talha Farooq October 7, 2022

We are planning to have 3 separate instances having standard licensing subscription of Atlassian within our organisation. 

Is it possible to have same domain for each instance? For example, our domain is @email.com, can this be implemented across multiple instances? 

In case they all have their own domains, for example, @email1.com, @email2.com and @email3.com.

Is it possible to configure SSO while all instances have their own domains.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2022

Hi @Talha Farooq , No that would not be possible. There needs to be a 1:1 relationship between Atlassian instance and domain. Might I inquire as to why you need three instances instead of one? Please note @email1, @email2, @email3 represent separate domains.

Talha Farooq October 7, 2022

Hi @Jack Brickey what is not possible? Just a use case I have in my mind. In case we go with three instances, we will have 3 separate domains? Can I then claim these domains from one of the instances and implement SSO?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2022

@Jack Brickey ,

Isn't Atlassian Access available for a specific organisation which can then hold multiple instances?

True a instance has it's own domain ( abc.atlassian.net, def.atlassian.net, ... ) but is it not so that the IdP used with Atlassian Access can be used for all instances under the same organisation?

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2022

@Dirk Ronsmans , Yes that is my understanding though I have not used Access myself. @Talha Farooq , something to consider and investigate.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2022

Yes, that's correct.  Adaptavist uses Okta + Access for all of our Cloud Atlassian sites (and we've got a lot - we spin them up for dev/test, but also for handling projects with clients)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events