Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Users Audit log

Michael Evans February 21, 2024

Is there anywhere that I can see access information of External users. The audit log has it for internal users but nothing is showing for external users

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2024

@Michael Evans -

Hi Michael:

What kind of information that you are looking for External Users?  Where are you accessing the audit log (for which cloud app?)

Please advise, so we can further assist you.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Michael Evans February 21, 2024

Hi Joseph

Wow wasnt expecting any response that quickly. Ideally I would want their IP address so that I can add into the IP allowlist. It is for Jira software but I am using the audit log under the Security tab

Regards

Michael

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2024

@Michael Evans -

It looks like my understanding is correct that currently, the org. audit log only has the capability of reporting events related to a managed user or claimed domain, but not external users.

Here is the feature request on Atlassian side that you should add yourself as an watcher - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ACCESS-1511 for updates

Of course you can also reach out Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for further update on the ask to include external users events in the audit log.

Hope this helps.  If so, please click on "Accept answer" when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events