Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Issue Security for helpdesk Project

Mike Bell February 1, 2024

I have a helpdesk project that currently only uses permissions from its Permissions Scheme which allows all users to "Browse the Project" and I want to change that.

I've read about how setting an Issue Security Scheme can limit users by allowing them to see only tickets that they own. I want Reporters, Watchers, and Current Assignees to be able to view tickets that they are assigned/created. I DO NOT want users to be able to see other's tickets. (Jim should not see Sally's tickets... only Sally, and Watchers, assignee, and obviously Project Admins.

Can someone please help me figure this out. The documentation that I've read does no follow this scenario and I need help to understand how to get this setup.

Thank you,

Mike

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike Bell February 13, 2024

I figured this out via trial and error. None of the documentation really was clear.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2024

@Mike Bell -

For Issue Security, the key will be how/when you tagged the issue with the appropriate  "security level".  Question for you are you using JSM project or Jira Software project?  In addition, what do you mean by "allows all users" to browse the project" - Are you referring to via the project UI?

Please provide more information, so we can better assist you on your ask.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Mike Bell February 2, 2024

Thanks for your reply Joseph. 

My project is listed as a Jira Work Management Project.

My on-prem instance had an all users group listed in the Browse Project section of the Permissions Scheme attached to the Project... which "allows all users" to see all of the tickets in the Project. In the new cloud instance... I only want the general user base to be able to see the tickets that they created or are the watchers of. 

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks again.

Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events