cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use Atlassian Access (from Enterprise Plan) for an non-enterprise site

abhishek_sharma03
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2023

Dear members,

One of our customers has a 10K+ users under Enterprise Plan. 2 Atlassian Cloud instances are a part of it. Now they want to set up a new 500 user instance on a standard subscription (outside the Enterprise Plan). Will they be able to use the Atlassian Access which is under Enterprise subscription or not ? Is there an option for them to not use SSO for the new standard instance ?

Best Regards

Abhishek

3 answers

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2023

@abhishek_sharma03 -

You should contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) since your customer site is already on an Enterprise setup.  Maybe they can work on a proper setup on utilizing the current Atlassian Access setup to accommodate the new non-enterprise site/env setup + possible costs saving too.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Vedant Kulkarni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2023

@abhishek_sharma03, I think yes, it will be feasible.

Under the same Atlassian Access, you can manage multiple products with multiple subscriptions. This can help you to understand better What are the benefits of multiple instances? | Atlassian Support

0 votes
Jason Waller July 25, 2023

We use Atlassian Access on a premium subscription with less than 200 users, we do not use SSO 

So it should be possible, I think you may need a separate Access plan for the new instance 

abhishek_sharma03
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2023

But as I understand Atlassian Access is unique for an organization i.e. 1 email domain and it is not feasible to set up a separate Atlassian Access for an instance within same organization.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events