Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure AD - User provisioning - this user is not a managed user

Chalhoub_Dev March 16, 2020

Hi Guys,

I am integrating my organization Azure AD with Atlassians Access.

Users are successfully provisined from Azure AD side. I can see the logs which confirm s the same.

But at Atlassians Access side, I do not see any user under my synched users. And when I refer the troubleshooting log.. It shows me logs as below

User with ID XXXXXXX, primary email XXXXX@XXXXX.com, is not a managed user

Can you please help me in this regard?

Here is the screenshot of the log

erroratlassianaccess - Copy.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2020

Hi @Chalhoub_Dev,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you start by verifying your organizations domain?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/verify-a-domain-for-your-organization-873871234.html

I'm pretty sure that is the first step you want to take, which should populate the managed accounts list.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Hi @Jimmy Seddon 

Thanks for the reply.

Yes. My domains are verified. Here are the steps and status against each step I have configured till now

1. Domain verification at Atlassian side
  2. It showed me that I have around 120 users already using Atlassian products. And showed me an option to CLAIM ACCOUNTS. But I did not claimed, as I want to delay it till I setup the full product.
  3. at AzureAD Side. Atlassians Cloud application is installed. Configured.. And selected 2 users to be provisioned. 
  4. at AzureAD side, users provisioned successfully. showing the status as SUCCESS
  5. at Atlassians Access side, I can't see these users under synced users.. It is still showing the count 0. While referring to the LOG. I got these messages.. which are shared in initial question.

Please do let me know, if more details are required.

Many Thanks

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2020

Hmm... that's interesting.  I'll be honest, when we set things up, we claimed the accounts immediately.  I'm not saying that is what you need to do, but it is something different between how you have done things from what we did when we set things up.

I'll dig around some other questions to see if anyone else has an answer that might point you in the right direction.

-Jimmy

Like Chalhoub_Dev likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2020

@Chalhoub_Dev the closest thing I could find was this:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Access-questions/New-Users-are-not-in-the-list-of-managed-accounts/qaq-p/992227

Which doesn't quite look the same, but maybe Angélica might be able to offer you some advice with it?

-Jimmy

@Dave Meyer  would love to hear your remarks on this.

Much appreciated.

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2020

Hi @Chalhoub_Dev , yes unfortunately at this time you need to do the claim accounts step before user provisioning will work.

The purpose of separating the "verify" and "claim" accounts step is to allow you to notify users that they will receive an email from Atlassian that their account is now managed by your organization and (if you've already enabled SSO) ensure that they're ready to log in via SSO.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events