New Users are not in the list of managed accounts

Christian Mzyk January 28, 2019

Hi community,

just one short question. We have an organization and a verified domain. There are already some managed accounts but if I add a new account it's not appearing in managed accounts. They do just appear in website administrators users. 

Why? Their e-mail addresses are from the same verivied domain.

Best regards,

Chris

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2019

Hello Christian and welcome to Atlassian Community!

When a new account is created on the instance, even using an email from a verified domain, this email must be also be verified.

To verify the account, please ask the user to perform the following:

• Access https://id.atlassian.com and click on 'Can't log in?' link
  • Type the email address to send the recovery link
  • User should open the recovery link and try to log in

Once done, the account should be listed on your Managed Accounts list.

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Christian Mzyk January 30, 2019

Hi Angelica,

thanks for the answer. Yes indeed, it worked. It's not quite handsome and I couldn't find the process in any documentation.

I would expect the domain admin should be able also to change User settings (at least displayname) even if the user has never logged in yet.

Thanks and best regards,

Christian

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Gabriel Muller
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2020
Gabriel Muller
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2020

If for any reason the user is not able to verify the account, there is a workaround: change the URL at the managed accounts page and add the user Atlassian account id. This is explained in details here, Unable to change user email with error saying it is already taken, but the other account is not visible in the organization

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events