Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Users vs Managed Accounts

Alex Tucker July 10, 2023

I'm an Atlassian Org Admin & when I go to the Atlassian Administration page, I have questions about the Users & Managed accounts pages shown in the screen shot.

1. What is the difference between Users & Managed accounts?
  2. How do I add a user to the Managed accounts page?
  3. When I go the Users page & click on a user, I can add a Product. So how do I add a Product to a Managed account?
  4. When I go to the Users page, I see 11 active users. When I go to the Managed accounts page, I see 47 active users. Why are the 47 Managed accounts not listed on the Users page?

sshot-2.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2023

Hi @Alex Tucker

Managed accounts are accounts with an email address that you have claimed. These could be used in your site, but they also could be users that have signed up for Atlassian trials, Bitbucket accounts, Trello, ect. The users listed under "Users" are those that have accounts specifically on your site. 

To "add" a user to your managed accounts side, they would need to be created with your verified email domain.

The reason that you don't see all 47 managed accounts in your "Users" section is because not all of them are actually users on your site.

Thanks,

Kian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events