Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian REST API payload validation feature availability

Amar Khot April 28, 2023

Hi all,

Have you come across any material that explains whether the Atlassian Cloud REST API's POST method payload is validated before executing the actual modification?

I have found multiple tickets related to this, but no concrete material states whether this process is actively monitored or implemented on the cloud.

My requirement is only for Atlassian Cloud products such as Jira and Confluence and is not related to Forge content.

Any leads would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2023

Hello @Amar Khot 

It depends on what you mean by 'validated' and what you mean by 'payload'.

If you send an invalid (incorrectly structured) request, the REST API server will reject it and you'll get the appropriate error message.

If you send a valid (correctly structured) request, the REST API server will pass it to the platform. If the BODY of the request (which is what I assume you mean by 'payload') is invalid (incorrect format / content), the platform will reject it wholly or partially, pass that as message to the REST API server, which in turn passes that to you and you'll get the appropriate error message.

If you send a valid request with a valid BODY, then whatever change you specified will be applied. There is no other validation beyond that.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events