Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign groups to Authentication policies

Sean Williams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 16, 2023

Good morning,

Do we know if it's on the roadmap to be able to assign groups to Authentication policies? We sync most of our users via SSO, but we do have some external users that would not be coming in via SSO, so we can't just set the default policy to require SSO, I need to have a separate policy. Since we're syncing groups from Entra, it would be ideal to be able to assign groups to policies, so that we're not having to babysit the user list.

1 answer

1 vote
David Olive
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2023

Hi Sean,

I am David Olive, the product manager who leads External User Security.

If you wish to have a policy for external users I would suggest using the external user security feature - https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/what-is-external-user-security/

This lets you force external users to go through a security policy different from the ones you set up for managed accounts in authentication policies.

If you have any questions or if the feature does not meet what you need please let me know at dolive@atlassian.com! 

Becky November 20, 2023

Hey @David Olive , this link is returning 404 error. Can you updated it with the right link  please? 

Sean Williams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 20, 2023

Good morning David, It appears that you did not actually read my post, or even the entire title, as it completely ignores the "groups" part of this request.

David Olive
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2023

Hi @Sean Williams apologies for the link and missing your groups question.

For managed users I can surface your groups question with the authentication policies team. However there is an open ticket where customers are raising similar requests here

I would recommend putting your feedback there as well.

For external users we do not currently have groups support on the roadmap, right now we have one EUS policy that applies to all external users. Our goals for next year involve releases SSO capability for externals and potentially multiple policies for externals.

As the product manager for external user security I am happy to jump on a call with you to discuss your organizations needs further for EUS - you can schedule time with me here

Or you can reach out to me async at dolive@atlassian.com.

Like Hector Menchaca likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events