Link sub goals to goal to automatically update status

Frederique Castagnac
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2024

Is there a way to automatically update a Goal status from its sub-goal status ?

3 answers

1 vote
Nicole Schwartz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2024

Hi @Frederique Castagnac,

Thanks a lot for reaching out and for your question! This is not something that is currently available. I'd love to better understand your use case for this and would appreciate if you could please provide some more details on this. 

Thanks,

Nicole

Frederique Castagnac
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 29, 2024

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your answer. Sure, what I'm looking for is basically an OKR cascade using Goals.

You create a Goal and its subgoals. Every quarter you update your subgoals status and it automatically update the parent goal status based on the status of the subgoal. This way you only have to update the subgoal at the individual level.

As an example this is how SugarOKR works and I'd like to do it in Atlas.

Thanks

Like # people like this
0 votes
Nicole Schwartz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 29, 2024

Thanks for sharing @Frederique Castagnac and @Sing Chen, I've added your insights to our backlog. 

0 votes
Sing Chen February 29, 2024

+1 for this.

We have the same/similar requirement. With OKRs aligned at multiple levels (org, business unit, functional, team), the ability to have the progress/status of "lower" level OKRs rolled-up to their parents (and those to their parents) makes using goals for OKRs a more integrated and streamlined experience.

In addition to this, custom weighting of sub-goals would support a model of relative importance/scale to OKRs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events