Atlas DMS interface app

Neil Walcuch
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2024

Can Atlas act as a central location to fetch documents, i.e. from a hyperlink in either Atlas or Jira, that connects into SharePoint? The key here is not to double up of files, so documents shouldn't be stored in both SP & Atlas/Jira.

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2024

Hi @Neil Walcuch and welcome to the Community!

I don't think so. And - even if this were technically possible - I don't think this would make sense, just considering the product's mission statement.

If you are in the unfortunate situation to be using Sharepoint (just kidding 😏), I would think storing files there would lean in closer to what the product is for than putting them in Atlas. That last one is a communications hub bringing together the status of your goals and projects, but not the operational stuff that is happening.

So I would rather hope I could use smart links or embeds to incorporate content from my file storage in Atlas than the other way around. You would still need separate file repositories in other places for all documents not linked to Atlas' core features then, no?

Hope this helps!

Neil Walcuch
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2024

Hey @Walter Buggenhout Thank for the response. The problem is that most of the company I'm working with use SharePoint for documentation access. But we also work with external parties of which we share some of the SharePoint content with and the majority of folks within the organisation don't have access to the Atlassian suite. Using

Smart links are fine, but is it actually a link to the root docuement (verison controlled) or is it a stored document in the Atlassian server (a copy) breaking our "single source of truth"?

Maybe I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Update soon...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events